graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Easing Into the Mornings for the Next 35 Years

So recently, I've started this new thing. It's been such a smash that my roommate started it too. We like to call it "Easing Into the Morning."

You see, for years, I've been doing the whole "Get as much sleep as I possilby can so that I rush out the door in a fog" thing. And wow, has it made a huge difference. I definitely have always been the sort of person who would rather be early for work, where I can settle in, check email, organize myself for the day, make the coffee and be ready to start. That works well, but the whole, snoozing till the last possible second just wasn't.

For the past 3 weeks, I've been waking up 30 minutes earlier, getting showerd, doing my prayers, get dressed, make my coffee, chatting with my roommate, checking the weather and going to work in a relaxed manner.

Have I tossed the snoozing, rushing college lifestyle and eased into adulthood the way I've started easing into my mornings?

I'm not sure, but I do know that I certainly haven't kicked my lacking in grace around mirrors from the good old college days. Yes, within a period of 1 week between self portraits in Painting 1 and self portraits in Sculpture 2, I managed to break 4 - count them - 4 mirrors in less than one week. I think everyone's favorite FABULOUS painting teacher was rather irked at me, until he found out how many I'd broken in sculpture.

Let's say it all together...

28 years.

Not that I honestly believe that, because that was about 4 years ago, and I'd say those 4 have been pretty good. And I broke another today, so maybe that adds 7 more to grand total.

Today's disaster happened, ironically while I was commanding carefulness to my students over their dollar-store mirrors for self-portraits and shatter.

Oh what's another 7 when you already have 28 racked up?

Here's to easing into the morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

I dont DO easing into the mornings!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Well, maybe when you're finished with school you will.....who knows. Stranger things have happened.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

fair enough...though even when i was working for those couple of years i still didnt ease well...i rushed well!!! i do DO snooze buttons too much

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home