graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thankful

Last year, I rang in the Thanksgiving festivities remembering those Thanksgivings of past. But Thanksgiving last year, really was kind of a pain. This year, I am happy to report, was a winner in my book and has potential only to get better from here.

It started out with sweat pants and pizza Tuesday night in celebration of the multiple days off. Wednesday was a lot of errands, oil change, laundry and baking. Baking. Yum. The actual Thanksgiving day began with a 6am wake-up call from my BF because he was picking up some of the baked goods to take with him to his family. Then I got to leisurely watch silly morning news programing where I learned that Jessica and Nick have officially separated - which only made me drift happily off to sleep. Those two always make me thankful on Thanksgiving. Thankful that I am ME and not THEM, for goodness sake!

When I finally did decide to wake up, I was entertained by afore-mentioned favorite, Dawson's Creek while straightened, showered, blow-dried and straightened. I hopped in the car and arrived at the fam's around 1, ready to finish the traditional dog show viewing and chow down.

After the meal, we decided it was a good idea to have a show down between the "shorties" and the "tallsters" in a tennis match. Of course, the tallsters were victorious, 6-3, 6-3. There has already been discussion of a rematch. During the second set, someone remarked that "Dad would really liked to have been there." We should definitely form some sort of annual tournament or something from now on.

Showers came next, followed by a discussion on books with Mom and Dad. Which was convenient because it solidified the success of my present to my dad for his birthday when he stated that the editors of NationalReview.com had raved about the book I got him. Remarkable for the fact that when I had told my dad, months ago, not to buy the biography of Mother Angelica for himself, he said, "Oh, I would never buy that book." Throwing my already planned present off track. I decided to give it anyway, knowing that he WOULD like it and also knowing that he'd be laid up in bed for over a month, so he'd have some quality reading time. Obviously, the editors of NationalReview.com have more status than me in book advising. Obviously.

Finally, the women all went to see Pride and Prejudice, which was wonderful. As a devoted fan of the book and the BBC version, I definitely recommend this new one, and I headed back to my home, talking with Al all the way.

I don't think you can do much better for Thanksgiving break than all that. And there are still 2.5 days left.

1 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

DUDE WEAK!!! YOU TALKED TO ME TOO!! FOR LIKE AN HOUR AND A HALF! WTF???!!!

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home