graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bienvenidos a Miami

Well, tomorrow I'm off. Thanks again, in part, to our Hebrew bretheren, and to a committe at schoool, I am headed south to be among "my people". And no, I'm not Cuban. Or Jewish. Or a Treckie.

I'm realizing that "my people" sounds rather Treckie-ish.

I'm off to the annual Florida Art Education Convention. Where I will learn cool stuff about how to teach art. Be among hundreds of art teachers. And see some old professors. I hear you can get a lot of cool free art teacher stuff too.

Like aprons. And pencils. And bags. I could SO use a cute apron. Hopefully not one with the logo for the biggest school art supplier in the country. Because the name of that school art supplier is "Dick Blick". Why would they do that? Seriously. WHY? Any time a kid picks a marker up, or an eraser, or a crayon with "Dick Blick" on it, it's bound to cause a disturbance.

I'm so ready. I have all my stuff packed. With a home decor magazine, the newest issue of Us Weekly, some facial masks and my nail supplies. I'm ready for that King-size bed at the Radisson and maybe a Mojito too.

Hasta luego!

8 Comments:

Blogger darrylant said...

Hello, I seemed to have stumbled upon your blog by accident but it sure does make interest reading. I was actually surfing for more information on discount hotel palm springs. Still I’m glad I stopped by!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

Us Weekly??? I'm ashamed of you! hehe

12:33 AM  
Blogger getamac said...

Mojitos! I love those drinks! So flippin good.

You had me laughing out loud with that "dick blick" name; yes I do agree, I'd be a laughing my ass off if I was a middle schooler and saw that

12:39 AM  
Blogger Einstein said...

Mojitos are nasty!!! Try a vodka tonic or just straight vodka. Now that's good.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

speak not ill of the mojito..they have been there for you in the past..they'll never let you down...they just need to be made right :) ...mine are perfect

6:37 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

#1 Yay for random people commenting.

#2 Us Weekly is perhaps one of the best most guilty pleasures.

#3 Your sister in Tx happened to buy the same exact Us Weekly that I did, Ruthie. The whole Nick and Jessica - split or unsplit is soooo interesting.

#4 Mojitos kick ass. Shut up, Al.

#5 I had 3 on South Beach with Beatrix and it was a highlight of the trip.

#6 Other highlights include getting an apron that just says "ART" - no Dick Blick. Yay for convention vendors!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

wait..i dont understand!!! since when does al hate mojitos?????
al that really hurts my feelings...and hemingway's too..even though i dont think hemingway drank a lot of mojitos..but still he would have wanted you to like them

1:12 PM  
Blogger Beatrix Kiddo said...

mojitos on south beach rocked my socks. definitely the highlight of my week.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home