graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 13, 2005

One Week Down

The first week back and it feels good.

It's amazing how great it feels to be confident at what I do, instead of a 5 year old with matches. Yeah, last year I loved it. But this feels good. Reall good.

Of course, maybe that's partially because the first week of school, the student comfort level for 6th graders is about sub zero and so they're afraid to even TALK. Which is a little wierd, a little bizarre, and also unnerving. I kept wanting to blast the Napoleon Dynamite CD I had in the boom box in my office. I kept wanting to say silly teacher things like, "Isn't it nice to start off the day with art class?" or "I bet you've never realized how interesting your shoes are before you had to draw them". But I yelled back at myself, "Dude, you need to enjoy this while it LASTS! Shut up!"

So it's been fun. And nice.

And you know how it's the little things in life? Well, on Wenesday, I got a key to the teacher bathroom down the hall, which may have made my month. You see, I had been told that I could NOT get a key to the bathroom down the hall, but I could always go ask the Home-ec teacher and borrow hers. Ok, sorry, I'm not 11. I'm NOT going to the Home-ec teacher, as nice as she is, when I have to urinate. I'm not. I'm just NOT. Getting that key was a relief. *whew*

Not a whole lot else is new, except that I've been sporting my Converse sneakers this week. One day it was the low-cut black, another it was the low-cut teal (which matched my cardigen exactly!), and another was my HIGH TOP red ones - which were a huge hit. Yeah, I'm officially really cool. Really.

And to my boyfriend, who when I showed my great findings at Ross to a few months back, and who said, "I'm going to pretend I didn't see those", when he saw the red high-tops: dude, I am so cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

hey fag who left comment...see MY page!!!! I really HATE YOU!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Einstein said...

hmmm - boyfriend pretty smart. red shoes okay but high top red shoes. no good idea. but i believe you could pull them off.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Earnest said...

grace is going to start wearing holiday themed clothes!!!!!!!!!!!! nice pumpkin sweater!! and santa earings with red tights and a huge chrismas tree on your shirt with glitter!!! there is no way around it!! 1st red hightops, no where to go but down...

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home