graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 24, 2005

One Week

I'm not sure who decided to schedule Shark Week and the release of the 6th Harry Potter installation for the same week, but that was pretty poor planning with respect to my sleeping habbits. Seriously. Not that I'm complaining - both have been truly great. But still.

Anyway, t minus 9 days until I enter the land of the living and working people again. Not that I haven't been working. I HAVE been keeping up a brutal 16 hour week. Seriously, playing tennis in the sun with kids can really wear on one. I actually love the tennis. It's a blast. And it's also an even bigger blast to command the respect of middle school students with the sheer strength of my serve. The tan I've achieved isn't too bad either.

Seriously though, I'm going to be happy to go back to school and have a job where applying vast amounts of sun block (yes, sun block...something I had never purchased until age 25), sweating my ass off and drinking huge amounts of non-alcoholic liquids, are not part of the description. I will miss the luxury of completely exhausting students until they're forced into submission by making them RUN. Hey, it's a small price to pay to decrease the size of my laundry from this summer.

In other news, I'm officially lame. It's 1 am on a Saturday night where I've been to an actual bona fide bar and could barely bring myself to complete 3 beers. I just can't hang. I mean, I can, as long as I have water and go really slow. I just can't get drunk. It's been almost 2 years since I've puked and my boyfriend of almost 8 months has been lucky to catch me tipsy about 2 times. Does being a responsible drinker officially qualify one for the elusive "adult card" that I just can't seem to catch?

It is possibley that it may. Very possible. But it's definitely not very adult-like when you're all excited to receive the text message sent to you Saturday night at 11:30, and it says that you haven't paid your cell phone bill yet this month so they're turning off the service. I guess it's good to know that some things never change.

1 Comments:

Blogger Einstein said...

I too thought I could never get drunk again but then I went out with my bosses on Tuesday night for dinner and they managed to force enough alcohol down my thought to get me tipsy. . . so tipsy in fact that my advisor and I raced each other (as in running down downtown Seattle) to my hotel. Yeah crazy. very odd indeed.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home