graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 05, 2005

It's the Clothes

While it's been a few days since I've posted, I luckily have been entertaining most of you with the best thing I have ever seen on the internet, namely www.subservientchicken.com. Anyway, I know you're all still probably having fun with it and I don't want to interfere, but I just thought I'd say hi.

The end of the year is quickly approaching. 15 days, baby! I believe the administration referred to student behavior at this time as "deteriorating". Which of course, makes things just way more fun and interesting.

Apparently Teacher Appreciation Week is also a good time to celebrate Spirit Week. Where students and teachers dress up for each day. One day was Twin Day. One day was Team Day. Tomorrow is Mix and Match Day. And today was Students-dress-like-a-teacher and Teachers-dress-like-a-student. And that sort of dress day could only lead to very good things.

I saw nice Christian middle aged teachers wearing camo t-shirts, hooded sweatshirts and those little founcy fluffy short skirts with an Aeropostale shirt. A+ for the teacher I saw wearing a "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!

I had a few brainstorms. 1) One of those flouncy fluffy short skirts. 2) A Happy Bunny t-shirt. 3) Borrow the boyfriend's cargo shorts. Welll, the flouncy skirts at Walmart seemed entirely too short and I didn't see anyway my butt was getting inside that. And buying a bunny t-shirt meant spending $20, which wouldn't have been THAT big of a deal. But driving over the bridge in the pouring rain last night just wasn't appealing. So I went with the borrowed cargo shorts and an Abercrombie Football t-shirt with the slogan, "No distractions, Just Destruction". I think it was a success. And the student who I named as my inspiration for the outfit was utterly BESIDE himself with joy (he's a very excitable, explosive, dramatic and is always the first to say, "Oh Miss Grace, I just LOVE you're shoes!!!" - you get the picture).

I was looking forward to see if anyone would dress like me. Everyone basically did the wear a tucked in polo shirt and kacki paints and boom, you're any generic male teacher. I was sort of bummed until 8th period and the girl who I pinned from the first day of school as the most popular, best dressed, blond haired, every boy's dream girl, dressed like me. I was so proud to see her in a polka dot skirt, bright blue shirt and white ballet flats that I gave her a very special note home.

Hey guys, it's the little things.

3 Comments:

Blogger Drive By Commenter said...

Flap yo wings n jizzle.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Earnest said...

its been 13 days since you last blogged...cut the crap and get to work, some of us lead boring lives and require stimulation from other...dont be so selfish!!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

16 days....

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home