graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Did you guys know that it's the knew thing to say, "You owe me 5 dollars!" when someone else blushes? Yeah, that along with the truly horrible "Ain't know hollaback girl..." lyrics are the cool thing if you're 12.

How do I know this? Well, the other day my students were filling in information for a contest they were entering and they were asking if my name was Ms. Grace or Mrs. Grace. Now, preferably, I would be Miss Grace, but it's all very un PC and such, so I said just M-S. So they said, "You aren't married?"

"No, I'm not married."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Pause...

"We're not talking about that..."

"OOOoooooooo! Miss Grace, you owe me 5 dollars! You owe me 5 dollars"

The class chants.

"You're turning red!!!"

"No I'm not."

"What's his name? What's his name?"

"I never said that."

"Ooooo, you owe me 5 dollars!"

In other news, there are officially 4 days of school left. I think I sort of began the celebration on Friday with happy hour, which lasted until 2am when I got home. There was beer. Lots of beer. There was also a 2 divorces, my boyfriend and a lesbian. All in the tiny town that I lived in. Who knew?! There was salsa dancing and someone may have dropped a glass of gin and tonic on the floor. But if course, that couldn't have been me, right?

Other than that, I have also been up to some home decorating, ebay, Thirsty Thursdays at a minor league baseball stadium, teaching and playing tennis, and bowling. You happy now, Earnest? It's not like YOU post every day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

you're right i dont ppost everyday...but now that im in school and i have free internet again.. :) i will be....so get with the times...its summer which means two things: lots of earnest books (though im currently reading all the kings men...) and internet...and lovin! okay three things...

11:30 PM  
Blogger Beatrix Kiddo said...

whatever... einstein's been the biggest slacker of the lot of you.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Einstein said...

just cause some of us have a life. :-)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Earnest said...

wait which of us has the life??

11:18 AM  
Blogger Beatrix Kiddo said...

It's definitely not me. In the last 30 days, everything that culd have possibly gone wrong has done so, six ways to Saturday. The most exciting thing in my life so far in 2005 has been the big fat car accident I got into last week when I was rear-ended by not one, but two cars, and as a result I will spend the next four weeks in physical therapy.

I need to get out of this year SO BADLY it's almost hard to believe.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

kiddo...that bites!! you need a vacation...ordinairly i suggest the beach but seeing as you are a perm. fixture of FL you may want to consider somewhere else...feel free to come to the big easy with your cous and relax...she wont come though because she's too good for new orelans..as a matter of fact einstein is all thats left of the I10 visiting krew...and even thats temporary...you may be on your own..

5:44 PM  
Blogger Einstein said...

damn beatrix. i thought my life sucked with the thesis and all. here's what to do - go get a spa pedicure, buy a dozen chocolate candy bars and make yourself some margaritas and sit by the pool. wish i could say more.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Beatrix Kiddo said...

thanks for the love, people. yesterday i got a manicure. tomorrow brings a hair color change after i spend an hour getting my neck screwed with. electrodes on the side of your neck do not constitute a massage, no matter what they tell you.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home