graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 01, 2005

A Week

What a week.

What a 2 weeks.

What a birthday, spring break and week back.

I have about 1,000 blogs in my head about all sorts of good stuff, but it hardly seems relevant this week. This week, I have had much to be thankful for. I have a job now and I have a job next year. I have the best friends in the world and got to have the best birthday and spring break ever. I also have a boy in my life who I feel so fully on the right page with and who is, as was described accurately by Al and El, "Solid."

This week my students made me laugh harder than ever. I had 2 successful April Fools Day jokes played on me. I ate pizza, saw family I hadn't in a while and watched a good movie. For all intents and purposes, it was a good week. A very good week.

It had also been a very sad week. A week that, tonight just made me want to crawl on the couch with a big blanket and sit. Not really a mopey mood. Not really a cry-my-eyes-out mood. Not a sick mood. Just a mood that can't fully stomach everything going on around and needs the time to just sit and be and think.

I had been obsessed, pre-Spring Break, as I have said before, with Terri Shrivo. I spent more hours reading and talking about it. I was and am even more scandalized by how it has developed and it makes me sick to envision in my mind that it actually did happen. And still is happening. Not often do I sit in front of my TV and say the the F-er word in reference to someone in particular. But it happened, probably a few times, of late.

I haven't cried in a really long time. I haven't needed to. But this afternoon, during my planning period, while watching the crowd in St. Peter's gather and sing and pray, I did. Just the memories and pictures in my mind of St. Peter's Square and the Truth and Love and History and Tradition and Message it stands for, and has stood for, was enough to move me.

And that combined with the last moments of someone who I think will one day be referred to as John Paul the Great just makes me want to reach out to people who understand. For people who know who he is and what he stand for and how he lived his life completely and fully aligned with the Will of God.

Someone said that he would be able to do even more good in heaven than he did on earth. Beautiful words about a beautiful man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home