graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

That Pirate Town

I just got a phone call from my sister asking directions to a restraunt or two. She's in Key West, enjoying some much needed rest and relaxation with her husband, just returned from Iraq. She said she had seen Dominique, the Cat Man, been to the beach and seen the Hemingway House. She set out this morning, wanting a good breakfast and wanted directions to my much talked-up, Blue Heaven. I was pretty impressed that she actually LISTENED, since rarely do people take up my advice on stuff like that. I was also extremely impressed that I remembered the name of the street it was on. Thomas. I also told her where to get the best drinks and dinner on Caroline Street at Pepe's. I also directed her to Captain Tony's. WTF? She's been in Key West for 2 days and she hasn't been there yet? The conversation motivated me to pick up my Jimmy Buffett novel, while I sit here by the pool. He called Key West a pirate town. Which immediately made me think of a certain engagement or Bachelore/Bachelorette party a few of us were privy to down in Key West las July where everyone was dressed as pirates. Eye patches and everything. Of course, the best part of all that, was that Al had a dance or two with a very nice, and unfortunately for her, already taken, pirate. I hadn't thought about those pirates in a while. But I had to go over in my mind how not many people could pull that sort of thing off. And as fun and cool as that sounds, I know that I just couldn't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

i dont recall the pirate as "nice" as memory serves, taken or not he had seen better days....i think you need to look back through those photos! :)
always gotta respect the pirates though...

6:02 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

yeah..no i wanted to double check on that one...i stand by my original statement

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home