graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 25, 2005

Update

The Jimmy Buffett concert last weekend was great. Obviously. I mean, was anyone worried?

Highlights included:

Nice tailgating people, sharing their margaritas and seats with us.

Ruthie thouroughly enjoying her first margarita.

Going cheapo and getting the squirty lime juice for Coronas, instead of an actual lime.

Jimmy playing "Off to See the Lizard" - a family favorite from childhood.

Ruthie and I jumping down over the seats to avoid the drunko frat boys being rowdy behind us, while the authorities were being contacted. The next morning I woke up and tried to figure out where the monstrosity of a bruise behind my knee came from. This hurdle over the seats is the absolute only thing I can think that could have caused this. It's ugly and it hurts. And it's a little hard to explain to coworkers what happened, when truthfully, you're not really sure and you say, "Well, I think it happened at a concert when I jumped over some seats." It wasn't painful then. But it's sort of painful now. Evidence that it was obviously a good night.

Me calling the last 2 of the 3 encore songs. "Boat Drinks" - in honor of the cancelled hockey season and "A Pirate Looks at 40". Go me!

Since then I've been up to my eyeballs in the sort of thing found at this site:

www.lichtensteinfoundation.org

It's fun and awesome and you know you're getting through to someone out there when someone in your class paints a gigantic nun in Roy Lichtenstein style who is yelling "AMEN!", someone else paints his character with blue lines on his face which are obviously "his veins popping out because he's so angry".

Seriously, some days, I wish I could give my job an open-mouthed kiss. Maybe even with a little tongue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

dude i thought we all agreed that you werent going to say "open-mouthed" or "more than open-mouthed" kiss anymore??? What happened?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Einstein said...

yeah I second that earnes!!!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home