graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 14, 2005

Miss Thang

When I woke up this morning, I truly felt that I needed another day of weekend-ing.

Mine was jam-packed. But in a good way.

I spent 4.5 hours Friday hanging artwork. Some at a festival and some at the county fair. Though I claim to be no expert at fairs, for my parents refused to take us and let us go to them growing up, I'm pretty sure that this one is pretty po-dunk. Yeah, I'm positive, in fact.

Fairs are dirty. I rode no rides, I ate no greesy food. I saw no animals. And still, I felt dirtier than dirty when I left. I was also starving. So I took a shower and had my Friday Fish Fillet and fell asleep. Only to have to arise 4 hours later to get on a van to take a bunch of 9th graders to a conference.

The conference was great. The 9th graders were great. Friends I got to spend time with there were great as well. But when I got home, I could barely lift my eyes. And, I had spent a 6th day in a row being Miss.

Now, 5 days a week, my name begins with Miss. The other 2 days, the Miss drops and I am just Grace. I need those 2 days without the Miss. I love that time without the Miss. It makes the Miss something I appreciate and during the other 5 days and not something that sounds like fingernails down a chalkboard.

Sunday, I was about a 1/2 Miss day. As, at the downtown arts festival, everywhere I turned, I was addressed with Miss. Don't you just LOVE that smalltown atmosphere?

I actually do love it. But it definitely makes my beer intake something I watch a little more carefully when I know I might be called Miss around the next corner. I'm starting to understand the whole keeping-holy-the-off-the-clock-moments of my life.

So when I woke up this morning to begin another work week, I felt rather deprived of the minus-Miss-days I normally get. But a few valentines and conversation hearts later, some diligent and fun class discussions later, a vase of flowers, and many kind emails congradulating us on the award for "Best Middle School" at the festival, and I thought, "Hmmmm, maybe I'm pretty thankful for this Miss thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beatrix Kiddo said...

There are far worse things to be than Miss Grace.

And even the best behaved of us needs to kick back and have a few poolside margaritas...

Poolside Margarita Sunday: the PMS we all enjoy.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home