graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 31, 2005

Yuck

Have you ever had that feeling in your hands where you know what you're touching is most definitely going to make you sick? Like you can just FEEL the germs on the tips of your fingers...

Yeah, that's what I go through on a daily basis. And last week, that knowledge of the disgusting bacteria my hands come in contact with, materialized itself into sneezin, fever and cough.

Maybe like the 100th kid you see picking his nose and eating it, that you try to ignore and not gasp outloud in the middle of teaching, means you're going to get sick. I'm not sure how it works. It could be like the 50th kid you hear/see come out of the bathroom with a big flush and no sound of the sink following the flush means you're going to get sick. Maybe it's a combo.

Are you grossed out yet? I am. But I'm on the recovery now. I keep hoping that if the gatorade will wash that one swollen gland away. What's up, flu season? It's been about a year, I'd wondered where you'd gone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

reason one million why i cant be a teacher "yeah yeah...i dont want to hear about it little billy your hand was just up your ass now go wash it!" i think instead of not saying anything you need to call them out on it!!! "cindy, if you are so hungry that you need to eat your buggers why dont you just go get your lunch!"

10:48 PM  
Blogger Beatrix Kiddo said...

two words: flu shot.

and they build on each other year after year so your body becomes more immune to it.

speaking of teaching, my experience studying for the bar has, 22 days before the exam, inspired me to FILE MY APPLICATION FOR MY TEACHER'S LICENSE.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home