graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 29, 2004

What I Learned Over My Thanksgiving Break

When my sister showed me up at a party in the way of talents, I realized that I have many talents, but they just aren't the kind you show off at parties. I need a party talent. Suggestions welcome.

I have not lost the ability to sleep past 7 am, which I thought I had most certainly lost. 3 days in a row, 10 am, baby.

My little sister did not know my birthday. She got the month right, but I'm not entirely sure that wasn't by accident.

It's a good thing I didn't buy Elf. Everyone else in my family did.

And finally, not to diss on a huge Thanksgiving tradition for many people, but the Macy's Day Parade, I have decided, is one big snore. The high school bands. The multitude of cheerleaders. The lip-sinking C-List celebrities. And D-list celebrities - that means YOU, Raven! The huge balloons that we see year after year after year. The silly and trite comments by Katie Couric and Co. Seriously, who writes that stuff? I was all about knowing that the Barney balloon was exactly the length of 16 killer whales, seriously, what would I have done if you hadn't said that, Katie. Dude, if I was Katie, I'd have NONE OF THAT. In short, I learned that the Philadelphia Dog Show that follows the parade is a much better way to waste time before a big day of eating.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eleanor said...

don't dis my girl katie

5:49 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

who's eleanor?

2:20 AM  
Blogger Superficial Plaza Chick said...

I have a suggestion for a good party talent... learn to do the WORM! It always works wonders!

This is the word of The Superficial Plaza Chick

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home