graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Oxymoronical Meeting

Was the last post cryptic enough for you? Well, I met a guy that people from work wanted me to meet. People = his mother, I came to find out. Making me leary of already handing over my phone number. The phone conversation and the message left at 6:30 on a Friday night (who does that?) tipped me off that I was not going to be swooning. But I figured I shouldn't write something off without having actual basis. Besides, like Al said, "You need a little drama in your life," even though she also said, "Man, he sounds like a complete and utter looser."

He was not a complete and utter looser. But he was completely and utterly boring. Yeah, I'm not even sure if it qualifies as funny story, but it was noteworthy in that I can describe it as extraordinarily humdrum - two words one does not often use together. I seriously sat there partaking in a conversation that made me want to pick a vein out of my arm with a spoon. I dealt with it for what seemed like a length only Mother Teresa would have endured. I felt proud of myself for that, I excused myself politely, and when I got in the car, I realized I had only been inside 45 minutes!

Anyways, good things have been happening and good things are on the horizon. Sorry to have been MIA. I'll try to do better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

yeah dude whats with the cryptic message at the end? Are there particular good things that are both happening and on the horizon that we dont know about?? Or, was this just a conclusional sentance not meant to tease us with thoughts of more information?

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home