graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 28, 2004

My Movie Reviews of Movies New and Old, Seen and Unseen

The Incredibles: AWESOME. Must see.

Christmas With the Cranks: I'd rather pick at a small vein with an exacto knife.

Sponge Bob: I don't think so. When looking for a kids movie, go with the Incredibles. See Christmas with the Cranks.

The Edge of Reason: Bridget Jones: Not bad at all, and that's probably saying a lot because I wasn't enthused about seeing the first one, fell asleep and had no desire to see it again. 2 prissy British guys fighting like girls was the highlight for me.

National Treasure: Fun. Not great, but it didn't hurt me in any way whatsoever to see it. Good compromise with 10-year-olds for getting out of Christmas With the Cranks. Besides, a movie that is all about the possibility that there could be hidden treasure out there somewhere is fabulous with me. Not that I'm going treasure hunting anytime soon. But it's just nice to think that there are some secrets out there, you know? It also adds an element to the "What's Better Game"...Vikings, Ninjas, Pirates AND Knights are all pretty sweet.

The Polar Express: I'm all for it, except that one of the two 10-year-olds I took to see National Trasure thought Polar Express was beneath her. I wonder what that makes me for being Ok with seeing it.

Whatever the name is of that dancing movie with Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon and J-Lo: Yeah, I thought it was going to be bad and it was confirmed within the first 10 minutes. Good call on switching theaters.

Elf: Great Christmas classic, but I'm glad I didn't buy it because everyone else in my family did. And little sister needs to stop watching it. No seriously, STOP.

Steel Magnolias: Apparently, there is some point during a small indulgence in Lifetime that you know you're in it for the long haul.

Big Fish: More people should appreciate this movie. If you don't get Big Fish, you can never enter a deep and meaningful friendship with me. Unless you're my dad, because you get All the King's Men...I'll let that slide.

And on a side note...
Nothing makes me more hostile than missing the previews. Out of the 3 movies I saw the last 5 days, 2 of them, I missed the previews. I feel jipped.

2 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

dude...put the popcorn down!! slowly step out of the theater...
now im a little bitter because i havent seen a movie in months!! and i love seeing movies....so i live vicariously through my family:
I heard incredibles rocked..
Christmas with the cranks i heard looks bad...ive never even seen a preview..
spongebob not an issue
I really liked brigid jones diary #1!!! i thought it was awsome...esp you seen with the prissy brits fighting!! it was HILARIOUS!! but i heard #2 sucked big time!!!
Polar express..fav. book as a kid...movie looks too animated and wierd...but will see it eventualy!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Einstein said...

Christmas with the cranks - dear god someone shot me now.

Bridget Jones diary - although I'm a fam of colin firth a D movie. it just wasn't funny

Polar Express - i too feel this movie is beneath me and if made to see it I would gauge my eyes out with a bitten off fingernail. talk about a boring book.

haven't seen elf and don't think i'm going to.

j lo and acting - nough said

big fish - what imagination. anyone who dislikes this movie has lost their childhood innocence.

national treasure. . . i may see this. . . despite a great dislike for nicolas cage i've heard good things.

i watched stepmom the other day for about the 10th time. i'm not sure why i've seen it so many times but damn it makes me bawl and i mean bawl every single time.

please rent broke down palace. it's one of my favs. oh and girl with a pearl earring - it's along the lines of Amelie it's so good.

anyone seen the terminal?

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home