graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Motor Mouth

I was going to blog about elections and my unique experiences. But I'm just not up for it tonight. Instead, I wanted to share my mixed feelings about that new show, Motor Mouth.

Part of me thinks it's insanely funny to laugh at these poor people's expense. Part of me worries that I might be motor-mouthed someday. And part of me thinks it's wrong to make people feel self conscious about that very private thing that singing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-alone-in-a-car is. I mean, that just seems wrong. It's the one time that absolutely ANYONE can bust out and pretend their a rock star, free and guiltless. Now, VH1 is infringing on that right.

It just seems sort of wrong, sort of like how my mom says it's wrong to make fun of my baby sister when she sings at the top of her lungs in the shower and has absolutely no idea that she does it. Like it cramps her innocence or something. Well, motor mouth isn't going to change me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

i just want to go on the record that i sing at the top of my lungs in the shower and in my car!! AND i will NEVER stop!!! the bathroom given such good accoustics! i love it!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

Second to last paragraph, 2nd to last line...it should be "they're" not "their"

6:57 AM  
Blogger Einstein said...

I didn't know this show existed but expect to see me on it. I'm not generally a shower singer but dude I LUV to sing in the car. It's my new hobby. . . everyday I must spend an hour in the car practicing. ok just kidding but i can't believe they're making fun of people for this. THey're making fun of ME!!!! How dare they

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home