graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 01, 2004

It Happened One Night

These are my filtered thoughts while watching an old Frank Capra movie this weekend. Filtered because, you really don't want to know ALL that goes through my mind.

I'm glad newer movies adopted the credits-at-the-end-of-the-movie approach. Good improvement!

Claudette Colbert is a pretty hot. We both have bangs. I think my bangs are sort of hot too.

Clark Gable or Carrey Grant...hmmmm....

I think I'm Ok with moustaches as long as it's in black and white.

Overnight bus rides = Mexico = doped up on dramamine or no sleep at all

Wait, how is she sleeping? I didn't see her take dramamine!

Painted eye brows, I think are whore-ish. Yuck.

"Remember me? I'm the man you slept on last night." - not something you want a guy telling you one morning, but that's pretty darn funny that Clark said it.

I think I may start referring to my male peers as "young man"; when Claudette says it, she makes them seem so inferior. I like her style.

Telagrams are endearing, but probably no practical, or in existence anymore. That's sort of a shame.

"You look like you got class with a capital K" and "Shut my big nasty mouth" are both perfect things for the sleazy guy on a bus to say.

"When a cold mama gets hot, MAN, she sizzles!" is an AWESOME thing to say even if you are the sleazy guy on a bus.

I think I've seen this plot line before. Ahh, yes, except the setting was Rome and it starred Audrey Hepburn and Clark Gable. This one is MUCH better so far.

I think I'd be really annoyed if a guy criticized my doughnut dunking technique. I think it's a personal decision if you want to dip or soak.

"Once a plumber's daughter, always a plumber's daughter" - Damn, right, Clark!

Hmmm...a discussion about piggy back rides. That seems sort of dirty.

Hitching a ride by showing some leg - priceless.

Dad walking the bride down the aisle and telling her that he's got a car outback in case she changes her mind - off the charts!

Bottom Line: Good, classic, older movie. Cute and fun and funny. Very similar to Roman Holiday, except definitely better. Even though, I think when I play the which-is-better-game that Carrey Grant beats Clark Gable every time.



2 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

i read that clark gable had such severe halitocis that the kissing scene in gone with the wind had to be done like a zillion times...carry grant was way to cool to have such a problem...

9:12 PM  
Blogger Einstein said...

i LOVE carey grant. i could watch any movie with him over and over and over. and if i could be reborn i would want to be reborn as his wife. oooo carey! don't forget to vote today

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home