graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

When Miss G Realizes That She May Get Too Excited About Art

Miss G writes on the board "Is the person who designed the MacDonald's golden arches an artist? Explain why or why not in a paragraph."

Miss G: There's no right or wrong answer. You just have to have good reasons why. Eighth period had some strong opinions about it. You should have some strong opinions. You should want to stand by your opinions and die for them!

Student: Man, art is HARD!

5 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

maybe..but chido was easy...sculpture was like a breath of fresh air in a ca with the windows up where someone farted some nasty garlic humus...
okay that was really gross...

7:03 PM  
Blogger Eleanor said...

i concur with the student -- painting was by far the hardest, most intensive, class i took at UD.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Einstein said...

Earnest you are sick. Seeing how I have no creative ability in my being any painting/sculpture/artsy fartsy class will kick my ass. I'm not sure if I have an opinion one way or the other about McDonalds . . . i would probably say not an artist but then think of the chick-fila guy. . . not that's an artist!!!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Everyone who has either read this story or heard it from my mouth has totally not gotten it. It's subtle humor, man. I told the kids, "You should have an opinion you would want to DIE for!" and my student said, "Man, art is hard!" Meaning, art is hard beceause Miss G wants me to die for an opinion. Maybe you had to be there. But I think this kid and are on the same wavelength as far as humor goes...he's hillarious!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

no no grace we got it....

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home