graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Perpetual Planner

Earlier in the week, I was offered a chance to go see The Boss in O-town, but had to decline because of plans with mom. Yes, horrible, I know. It made me feel horrible too. Maybe that's why I didn't post anything about it. However, this weekend has actually turned out to be pretty good, even though it started out with no plans. Plans can really freak me out.

I'm a big planner. My planner is a huge part of my life. Whenever I have time, I'll bust out the planner and start planning. Planning, planning, planning. Of course, I'm not really that organized and I'm also not one to always stick with plans. But I like having those days filled in of what I will be doing. I like making lists of things I need to do. Things like clean the bathroom, paint my toenails, finish that painting seem to have been reoccuring items on those lists in my planner. It doesn't help them get finished. It just makes me feel good. I guess it's a sense of control. So this week, I was a little out of sorts, getting back from the hurricane and all...but also because I have nothing in the planner until November 6th! I think that just drove me crazy.

But this weekend, I lived by the seat of my pants and I got to do things that I had no intention of doing. Things I never would have thought to plan. Things like mini golf, pizza with my cousin, movies, dinner and beer. I also have plans for the last weekend in October, that was making me sad because that's Halloween and Halloween should always be fun.

Now it's Sunday afternoon and I have work-things I have to do, plus teach CCD. Somewhere along the way things got busy. Things got full. And I didn't even have any plans.

7 Comments:

Blogger Earnest said...

dude you guys so need to come down for halloween!! we have an SBA (student bar assoc.) party at pat obriens thats all you can drink!!! it would be fun!!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

pat o's is always a good thing...i'm all booked up that weekend though. have 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 hurricanes for me, k?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hi, Check this out. Free Ipods. Just click on link : FreeIpods

10:10 PM  
Blogger Beatrix Kiddo said...

Good stuff.

The Boss really was divine, though. "Born to Run" live was- oh, I don't know.... awesome.

However, on a totally unrelated note, I went to one of those pet adopt-a-thons today, and very nearly adopted a dog. I still might- he's half chow half golden retriever and his name is Hugo and I might have to have him. I cleaned out that back corner of my bedroom today and I think it's because that's where I'd put his crate, even though he'd inevitably sleep at the foot of my bed. He's blonde and furry and has a spotted tongue and likes other dogs and I kind of wish I'd taken him home this afternoon. He sat at my feet and wagged his tail back and forth and I kind of miss it already.

So, yeah.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

you should totally get a dog and i'm all about the golden retriever-thing...but the chow part scares me a lot...those are bad dogs. maybe the golden could make up for the chow part, i don't know. but i have it on pretty good authority from someone who claims to have done more dog bite cases than anyone in florida that chows are bad.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

dude, earnest, use those reading comprehension skills that are supposedly getting you through law school...i said I HAVE PLANS in the above post. sheesh!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Earnest said...

hey forget it grace you are no longer invited anyway!!! Heebeegeebe, wana come?

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home