graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 11, 2004

The Facts

Yes, hurricane Frances was here and thank goodness that things are ok. My parents spent a week without power, that means me too. So that meant long, hot days of cards, board games and cold showers.

My father made the good decision of investing in a generator so we were able to have lights and fans. But it was hot. Hotter than hot.

I re-acquired my french braiding techniques that had been lost since Europe in 1999. That, in and of itself should tell you something about my cleanliness over the week.

My father ran into some nuns we know while he was at Home Depot, who had power and a commercial ice machine. So we went over and brought back a bunch of battery powered lanterns, a mother load of ice and beer. I thought that was awesome.

I escaped to a more college-town-type atmosphere to hang out with non-family members and people my own age. I also came to watch the big game and to have a little "set up". Which was a good thing, a very good thing. Thumbs up for Elle Woods on a good call. Thanks, Elle.

Next up, head back and help organize and inventory Grandma's house with cousins, aunts and uncles. Bring it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home