graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 02, 2004

Summertime

This summer has officially one day left in it for me. One. Day. Left.

Started out perhaps the rockiest summer of my life. Is ending smoothly. I think it may be the calm before the storm because this next year is going to be a ride. Let's just hope a safe and theraputic one.

Some things I learned this summer are...

My parents rule.
My friends rock.
When I get married, I will not have assigned seating, my mother do all the work, a stressful experience.
What happens in Key West, stays in Key West.
Just because someone's 23 years old does not mean that she is above wetting her pants in public.
Eating Harry Potter jelly beans with 10 year olds is fun.
Coming back home is a blessing.
Weekly city auctions are better entertainment than VH1.
There are things in life that keep me sane - I'll let you in on some of them as we go.

There's a short list, that is by no means complete. When I think, as I have this past weekend, about where I was 1 month ago...and 2 months ago, I shudder. I don't want to go back there again. I wish I could erase it from my memory. I guess there's no use in that though. Remembering bad things can be just as hard as remembering very good things.

But for now, I'll concentrate on that last day of summer. Enjoy it. Love it. Hold it. And do the same with the career and life that has begun. And give me the strength to kick some 6th grade ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eleanor said...

your friends rock because they pee in their pants!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home