graceaplenty

Grace should be my middle name.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Sick

I knew I'd probably catch stuff from my kids. But I thought it would happen around flu season or something.

I didn't think it would take 3 weeks for bacteria to set in. I'm such a germaphobe - I was my hands constantly and use hand sanitizer. When I got chilly yesterday around noon and started sneezing and felt a tickle in the back of my throat, I thought, "NO, IT CAN'T BE!" I'm going to go ahead and trace it back to that lady that sat way too close to me at daily mass yesterday morning and who's perfume knocked me over with it's crappiness and pugnancy.

I took some Nyquil and didn't set my alarm clock last night, and popped some vitamin C. But when I woke up after almost 12 hours of sleep, I knew I had a fever. Not a high fever, but a fever none the less.

So I drugged up, slept, drank grapefruit juice, sweated like a mo fo and watched AMC. Then I took a bath, felt much better. I lounged around and finally decided I HAD TO CLEAN MY APARTMENT. It was DRIVING ME CRAZY. And I must say, I got a lot accomplished. Then I sat and went through 4 yearbooks from college. And it was fun and I was impressed with myself because it didn't make me sad.

By that time, I was starting to feel the chills coming back, so I popped some more drugs, exited my apartment for the first time today around 6:48 and went to Walgreens for some Gatorade and Theraflue. And then to Blockbuster. I couldn't find what I was looking for, but I think I did pretty well with The Girl With the Pearl Earring (a movie that I was dying to see, but left the theater the very day I went to see it) and Happenstance (a French Audrey Tautou movie, who is Amelie for those keeping score at home).

It's a rather nice evening here tonight. I just hope I get to watch all my movies before falling asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home